Sunday, March 9, 2014

What? Chickens...

On the side of the road!?!


Today I was driving to my spontaneous writing group session and drove past a residential dwelling when I thought I saw two big crows only to realize that I was looking at two big chickens.  I was taken aback because really what were those two chickens doing there?

This took me back to a story about my family.  My father, a long time ago, bought a chicken for his parents that were living with him at the time because he thought they needed a pet.  Well, imagine a lone chicken walking its way around local suburbia.  The chicken wouldn't stay in the yard and kept running away.  So finally my grandparents took the chicken and made him into chicken soup.  Not a good way for this pet chicken to end but he shouldn't have run away so much.  I'm only glad that I wasn't there to see it.

The writing session was interesting.  I like listening to other writer's stories because everyone has a unique style or genre that they like to write in.  I'm always amazed at the number of talented writers around.  It's a good thing that there are so many avenues to write in otherwise I would be overwhelmed by the competition.  It seems that there are many people out there that have hidden talents yet to be untapped.

Yawn!  You would think I wouldn't be this tired being its daylight savings but go figure!

Have a good night!