Monday, March 17, 2014

~Dedication Page~


Live Your Dreams


As some of you may or may not know, this is new to me, blogging that is.  This is the very first blog that I have ever written in my life and it's been live a little over a month now.  If you read my first post, then you know that I was talking to a friend on Valentine's Day and that she suggested a blog for me.  Well this is that blog.  The funny thing was that I was thinking about starting my blog on Valentine's Day and when my friend called me up I took that as confirmation that this was meant to be.  So here we are...  March 14th would have been this blog's first month anniversary.  

So, what do Valentine's and St. Patrick's Day give you?  Love & Luck!  However, is there such a thing a luck?  Don't things happen for a reason?  Serendipity means fortunate accidents and we like those.  However, what about coincidences?  Why do those happen?  Are they actually "God Winks" in disguise?  

I'd like to dedicate this blog to my parents who have passed on already and my very best friends who have always believed in me and my dreams.  They have known me for over twenty years or more and have put up with my idiosyncrasies and my soap opera experiences.  Throughout life you meet lots of people and some people will criticize you and tell you that you are crazy while others will tell you that you can do anything you set your mind to.  It's always a good feeling knowing that someone has your back.  I value each of the people that I am truly blessed to call my friends!  


I've always dreamed of being a writer, more so lately than before.  But you see, I was still growing up and sometimes it takes years to figure out what you want to be when you grow up.  But the older you grow, the more you realize how fast life is passing you by so there's truly no time like the present.  

In recent years, I have been taking lots of writing classes and my most recent class is about learning how to write to magazines and journals to get work published.  This is a great class to take and I wish I had taken this years sooner if only for the knowledge and experience.  I've also joining a writing group to help generate ideas and have met other talented writers in the process.  Someday I would love to publish a book as all writers strive to do.  I guess we will see...

Recently I began another blog that is an offshoot to this blog to share some of my poetry as well as share some of my opinions of other favorite great writers and writings that I have enjoyed.  I hope you get something from reading through these posts.  

Take care!
JoSH

P.S.  Please feel free to check out my poetry blog!