Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Custom Fit

Every Child is Different


Don't you agree?  For that matter every person on the planet is different.  We all have our idiosyncrasies and sensitivities.  What can cause death to one person can be totally harmless to another.  Why?  Because it's all in the genes.

If you are a healthcare provider and you overgeneralize your advice then you may be causing harm.  My Dad had diabetes and was never diagnosed until twenty years later.  A friend of mine found out her daughter had celiac disease which was never discovered until it was almost too late.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not doctor-bashing because I personally know that there are a lot of good doctors out there, however there are also bad ones.  I had a roommate tell me that one of her fellow doctor interns basically spent his time sleeping in the on call room.  Wouldn't you like to have him for a doctor?  Choose wisely because your life and the life of your loved ones depend upon it.