Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Doing the Right Thing

Doing the Wrong Thing


We live in a society that thinks lying is a valuable skill...  Every major media source has an article about lying.  Is this why we have fake news?  Is this really what our society has become reduced to?  Lying?  Because we can't tell the truth?  Granted there are times when we forget or we change our minds, etc.  But when it comes to being honest about who and what we are, do you know why the lies begin?  Because you don't really feel good about yourself...  Furthermore you probably don't even like yourself...

There is a saying to put your best foot forward but that doesn't mean we should make stuff up.  At the end of the day you have to live with yourself.  How do you like and respect yourself if you know that your life is not authentic?  So what do you do?  You begin to live an authentic life...  You start telling the truth...  I think in the long run you will realize that you respect yourself more.

I live my life with the knowledge that God sees everything I do.  And I know that one day I will have to account for the way I lived my life.  Does that mean I never sin?  Of course not but I am honest about it when I do.  We are all human and we all make mistakes.  There is nothing wrong with admitting that you made a mistake.  Mistakes happen...  You just have to admit it, pick yourself up, and go on.  We would never learn if we never made mistakes...

The authentic life is a good one to live:  Live authentically unless you want your life to be nothing but a puff of air...  If you don't know something, learn and educate yourself...  Some of the best people in this world were told that they would never amount to much but guess what?  They showed them and they showed us...  Live authentically because it's the right thing to do...  You can either live a life in God's will or you can live a life in the devil's will.  Don't think it doesn't happen...  Don't think that evil doesn't exist...  Because it does and someday you will truly know the consequences and wonder why you were too dumb to care.  Eternity is forever...  Do the right thing!

I think you'll find out that you like yourself a little more and that you respect the person that you are...  by telling the truth and being yourself...