Thursday, September 11, 2014

Memories of 9/11...

Tribute


I don't think I will ever forget 9/11...  

I recall being at work that day and seeing a crowd of coworkers at the TV monitors.  I walked over to see what everyone was watching and saw the next plane crash into the second building.  We all just stood in shock watching each other. 

Due to this catastrophe, we were sent home early that day and I found maintenance workers working in my kitchen.  I remember us talking to each other about what was happening and began to cry.  I would think that most people would have remembered what they were doing on that day and the people they spoke to.  I remember watching all the footage regarding the terrorist attack and thinking about the devastation in New York City.  It had to have been horrific for those personally involved who did not know if their loved ones had been impacted or survived.

A friend and I stopped by this field during lunch one day to take pictures.  It was an awesome tribute to the victims of 9/11.  I personally hope that we never have to go through something of this nature and of this magnitude again but unfortunately this is the world we live in now.